Be one of the first to have access to the myInvest Professional-only test environment.
Before you can be eligible to be chosen as a myInvest Beta tester, please read the following below and confirm that you meet the criteria to be classified as a Professional Client and you agree to be classified as a Professional Client.
Under the FCA rules we will classify you as a Professional Client. In order to this, you must meet two of the three criteria below:
- 1. You have carried out transactions, in significant size, in equities or ETFs on average 10 times per quarter over the previous four financial quarters;
- 2. You have a financial portfolio consisting of cash and financial instruments in excess of EUR 500,000 or the currency equivalent; and
- 3. You work or have worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position, which requires knowledge of equity or ETF transactions and discretionary investment management.
Loss of Protections Warning and Consents
Because we will classify you as a Professional Client, you will not get “Retail Client” protections under the FCA Rules which include the following:
We are not obliged to warn you of the nature of any risks involved in investments that we will offer you via restricted advice or subsequently manage for you on a discretionary basis.
Suitability and Appropriateness
We will not determine whether any investment we recommend to you is suitable for you.
We will not determine whether our recommendations to you are appropriate for you considering your knowledge, experience and investment objectives.
You will have no right to compensation under the Financial Ombudsman Service.
You rights to sue GKAM LLP will be restricted as you will not be able to have “Retail Client” protections.
You will still have the following FCA Protections:
- A. We will set out the services we will offer to you in our Terms of Business
- B. We will tell you of the charges and fees applicable to the services that we will provide to you.
- C. We will provide you with “best execution”
- D. We must make sure that for suitability assessment you are able to financially bear any related risks consistent with your investment objectives and that any investment that we recommend to you is in line with your investment requirements. You must confirm that you have enough resources for your investment with myInvest.